Mel & Josh wanted their wedding to reflect their home – London, and all its relaxed + happy vibes, with a twist of industrial urban style. They loved the idea of keeping things simple, with eucalyptus garlands across the wooden tables, hanging lots of fairy lights and letting the beautiful warehouse venue of the Trinity Buoy Wharf shine through. What a wonderful alternative wedding and the Trinity Buoy Wharf, a really amazing and relaxed atmosphere London wedding. Photography was easy and fun, loved every moment. Mel & Josh didn’t let the rain ruin their celebrations, the whole day was super fun, as well as being stylish and elegant. Both the ceremony and reception were at the wonderful London venue – Trinity Buoy Wharf – Ceremony in the Electrician’s Shop and the Reception in the Chainstore.
In 1803, the site began to be used by the Elder Brethren of Trinity House, now known as Corporation of Trinity House. The seawall was reconstructed in 1822 . The place was used as a maintenance depot, and storage facility for the many buoys that aided navigation on the river Thames and the wharf for docking and repair of ships and vessels.
Trinity Bouy Wharf (Trinity House) had its headquarters in a fine building in the City designed by the great James Wyatt in 1798, and established Trinity Buoy Wharf as its Thames-side workshop in 1803. At first wooden buoys and sea marks were made and stored here, and a mooring was provided for the Trinity House yacht, which was used to lay the buoys and collect them for maintenance and repair. The river wall along the Lea was rebuilt in brick in 1822, making this the oldest surviving structure on the site.
The original lighthouse was built by the engineer of Trinity House, James Walker in 1852, and was demolished in the late 1920s. A second lighthouse was built in 1864–66 by James Douglass for Trinity Buoy Wharf. It was used to test lighting systems for Trinity House’s lights around England and Wales. Both lighthouses were also used for training prospective lighthouse keepers. The lighthouse that still stands today’s London’s only remaining Lighthouse.
Trinity Buoy Wharf continued through the twentieth century to be responsible for supplying and maintaining navigation buoys and ship vessels between in Kent. It was modernised and partially rebuilt between 1947 and 1966, and finally closed on 3rd December 1988 when it was purchased by the London Docklands Development Corporation. In 1998 Urban Space Management took the site on a lease.